There are three things to download and install:
- com_gcalendar_1_5_0.zip Google Calendar Joomla Component
Not sure I needed this one.
- mod_gcalendar_1_5_0.zip Google Calendar Joomla Module
This will let you manage the calendar as a module, placing it anywhere on the page.
- mod_gcalendar_upcoming_1_5_0.zip Release 1.5.0
This only works if your calendar is fully public -- I couldn't get it to work.
Configuring Google Calendar
- You can simple point a menu item to the module, but you will have no the text on the page.
I did the following:
- Create an article, named, e.g. Calendar.
- Add the text you want on that page.
- Create a menu item pointing to that page as single article
- Use the module manager to set up your calendar,
- Add the appropriate URL.
- Use the menu Assignment box to assign the calendar module to the article.